Fire Damage – Amherst Home
Fire damage to this Amherst home began in the kitchen as a grease fire on the stove. Grease fires burn very hotly causing a lot of soot and smoke damage when they occur. You can see in the before photo that the ceiling above the stove was burnt very badly. These situations usually come along with water damage from the firefighting efforts. When confronted with these circumstances SERVPRO of Hampshire County technicians would clean up any debris and then extract the water from the affected areas. Then they would simultaneously begin cleaning the soot and smoke damage throughout the home while they tore out the greatly damaged kitchen cabinets and appliances. The kitchen would be replaced.