Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is not a situation that should be taken lightly when it is discovered in your residence. The presence of this fungal or microbial threat can continually worsen until immediate steps get taken to remove it and remediate the effects. Our SERVPRO AMRT-Certified technicians work to remove the active colonies from a property and eliminate the underlying cause of this development.
What Remediation Solutions Exist?
Mold remediation can take many forms and changes based on numerous factors and environmental conditions. Surface cleaning is the preferred approach, but this is not always possible when the infestation penetrates beyond the outermost layer of hosting materials. More aggressive and abrasive tactics can be needed, even to the point of controlled demolition. Our SERVPRO team helps with:
- Attic Mold Removal
- Basement Mold Remediation
- Mold Inspections
- Mold Containment
- Odor Removal
The Role of Containment in Remediation
Containment is an important aspect of successful remediation. By erecting barriers and temporary wall systems or utilizing negative air machines, we can prevent the migration of aggressive mold spores to new areas. Limiting the work zone allows for mold removal and cleanup to occur at a much faster rate.
Clearing Musty Odors
A final consideration of the restoration and recovery process after mold damage in your residence is eliminating lingering odors generated by volatile organic compounds. Musty smells are a common output of microbial colonies, so deodorization practices become necessary in the cleanup and recovery of a mold-damaged residence.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (413) 324-1300
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Hampshire County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (413) 324-1300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Hampshire County is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 2180 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: