Commercial Water Damage Restoration Services for Businesses in Northampton
SERVPRO Offers Water Mitigation Services to Learning Institutions in Northampton
Commercial water damage restoration is an important service that can ensure learning is not interrupted for long periods. If they are not given the attention they need, and in good time, staff and students may be exposed to an uncomfortable learning environment. With the help of specialized equipment and processes, it is possible to remove the water, dry the buildings, and disinfect and restore all surfaces.
When restoring water-damaged schools in Northampton, SERVPRO technicians perform a site assessment to determine the extent of the damage. Sports facilities, furniture and fixtures, and learning materials are the most affected. There is no single fix-it-all moisture control technique, so we must use several techniques and tools in different areas within the institution. Some of them include the following:
- Furniture and fixtures: We remove porous materials and upholstered furniture and replace them when it is impossible to get them dry and clean. We can sand chairs and desks with hard surfaces and perform appropriate water damage cleanup and disinfection.
- Sports facilities: Our SERVPRO technicians drain, clean, and disinfect fields, swimming pools, and gyms. We can then dry the affected areas using commercial air scrubbers, dehumidifiers, and air movers.
- Learning materials: If it is possible to restore papers and books, we can sub-contract a professional paper conservator to do lyophilization – a freeze-drying process used to preserve them.
- Specialty Drying: We can use specialized drying procedures such as injection drying to remove moisture from ceilings, walls, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Mold remediation: If mold is present, our team performs mold remediation and the necessary disinfection to prevent re-growth.
- Reconstruction: We recommend this whenever the damage is extensive and impossible to repair.
It is recommended to work with commercial water mitigation technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The training our team undergoes helps us to minimize disruption and expenses that result from water damage and restore a functional and safe learning environment.
Don't let unexpected mold, fire, and water damage interrupt your business operations. Call SERVPRO of Hampshire County at (413) 324-1300 and let our certified technicians make it "Like it never even happened." Trust us to handle all your commercial water cleanup needs and return your business to its glory days.